8730 Golden State Hwy
Job Number: 1506
Pay Rate: 80,000
Key Staffing is seeking a Shop Manager for a company located in Bakersfield, CA.
Runs an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all service records.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Prepare, and hold quarterly performance check-ins with all service department staff on a quarterly basis.
- Approves vacation and sick requests and drafts disciplinary write-ups for time-reporting violations.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan that promotes new and repeat business.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-know, etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing, and all are processed correctly.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors technicians’ daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Initials all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks.
- Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Renews, maintains and ensures shop software programs are kept up to date.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting areas are kept clean.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as a liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
- Ensures that customers’ service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations. Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership’s guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Safeguards information system assets by identifying abnormalities, reporting suspicious activity and/or content, and contributing to the resolution of cyber security problems.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Hold weekly department meetings.
- Completes company training as needed.
- Attends manager meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two to four years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid Drivers License
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.