Job Number: 1471
Pay Rate: 70,000
Key Staffing is looking to fill a Sanitation Supervisor position in the Hanford, CA area. The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for directing all activities associated with the sanitation operation. Oversees sanitation function to ensure compliance with all Company, quality management programs and food safety systems.
- The Sanitation Supervisor ensures that all continuous Improvement and cost expectations are delivered for the Sanitation Department.
- Strictly follows and enforces food safety and quality policies, Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinates with the department managers and Quality Assurance Manager to assure proper follow up on all customer and regulatory issues (complaints, audits, and requests for information).
- Provides leadership and guidance in directing efforts to improve, maintain and validate safety and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Examines all equipment to ensure that it works properly and meets all governmental standards. In instances of violations, develop a plan to correct the situation.
- Performs routine audits and sanitation inspection of equipment and recommends maintenance-repair needs for correction to comply with sanitation practices in accordance to state and federal sanitation regulations and company's food safety standards.
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards.
- Ensures that the plants are audit ready always and provides support in all audits.
- Continuously verifies and validates sanitation effectiveness and proposes better ways to clean/sanitize, maximizing results and minimizing cost.
- Develops training programs related to sanitation law and company best practices and delivers these initiatives to employees in one-on-one and group settings.
- Keeps detailed records of all sanitation related activities and issues, such as inspections and violations, also notating how and when each situation was resolved.
- Reports any potential contamination and suspicious activity to the Quality Control Director immediately.
- Works closely with chemical supply vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Five years supervisory experience preferred.
- Four years’ experience with Master Sanitation Scheduling.
- Five years food industry experience.