Contract To Hire
Job Number: 1524
Pay Rate: 21.00
Key Staffing is looking for an Equipment Mechanic in Shafter, CA. To perform repairs and maintenance on light/medium truck vehicles and various equipment needed for farms and processing plants. Areas of repair and maintenance will be centered on air conditioning & heating systems, brakes, shocks and struts, steering components, cooling systems, tire mounting and balancing, DTC diagnostics, hydraulic systems, engine tune-up, and routine preventative maintenance servicing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the Shops’ initiatives in always improving and sustaining an effective maintenance and repair program.
- Perform various types of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repairs/PM on a variety of medium and large agricultural and processing equipment.
- Diagnose faults using computerized test equipment and address a wide array of mechanical repairs centered on automotive and light/ medium duty vehicles (see job qualifications list above).
- Assist in training coworkers in the shop and the field on all aspects of mechanical diagnostics and repair.
- Effectively communicate between coworkers and management at all times through various forms of technology.
- Fill out job inspection and completion forms.
- Manage and maintain a fully equipped service truck to all company standards.
- Always maintain a safe and clean workspace.
- Follow directions from Manager, Supervisor, and Lead.
- Support the shop and service truck 5S initiatives.
- Must follow all safety procedures and guidelines.
- Lead by example the Division’s Mission, Strategy, and Values.
Ability to continuously work outdoors all day in various and sometimes extreme weather conditions. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Ability to work on uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard moving equipment. Ability to get on and off various stationary and moving equipment. Must wear corrective lenses if required/listed on driver’s license. Ability to manipulate small parts. Ability to operate hand and power tools. Ability to work on and build equipment. Ability to inspect equipment. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as 32° F). Must be able to move items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Possess or be able to acquire a Forklift Certification.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience operating a medium-duty service truck in field applications or assisted in the operation of a field service truck.
- Successful graduation from a Vehicle Repair & Maintenance training program can substitute work experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge in the proper use of hand, pneumatic, and electric power tools.
- Entry-level knowledge and experience in the following areas of automotive repair: Automotive air conditioning and heating
12V electrical systems
Brake systems - including antilock brake diagnostics and repairs
Cooling systems (radiator, hoses, heater cores, water pumps, etc.)
Suspension & Chassis (i.e., shocks, struts, springs, etc.)
Steering systems (R&R tie rods, a-arms, steering gearboxes, ball joints, etc.)
Tire mounting and balancing
Routine preventative maintenance
Hydraulic systems and the components (i.e., Pumps, motors, valves, hoses, etc.)
- All tools and diagnostic equipment will be provided by the company.
- Ability to interpret repair manual procedures and hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Understand and follow prescribed shop and field safety regulations and procedures.
- Previous experience in performing all levels of PM service procedures.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision. Must have strong decision-making skills that promote safe working conditions, timely/efficient repairs, and accurate accounting of labor and materials.
- Must be computer literate to foster clear communication with coworkers, supervisors, and outside vendors over various forms of technology.
- Available to be on-call and work weekends and after hours if required.
- Remote work not available for this position.
- Willing to travel to facility and field location on an as-needed basis.
- Willing to train/mentor up and coming mechanics and technicians within the company.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Working understanding of English. Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.