Job Number: 1286
Pay Rate: 150,000
Key Staffing is looking to fill a Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance position in the Selma, CA area. This is a direct hire opportunity. The ideal candidate must have experience in a beef facility.
In this role, you will be responsible to lead a team and organization to develop quality standards and programs, which assures the production of products to meet customers' and company expectations.
The position is responsible to lead the organization to maintain GFSI and regulatory compliance with food safety and quality expectations in the production of fresh beef and further processed meat and poultry products and be the primary contact with the USDA, and FDA agencies.
Masters of Science Degree in Animal Science, Meat Science, Food Science, or similar field; or five (5) years related experience and/or training in various ascending leadership roles in Food Safety and Quality departments, or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Meat industry experience preferred; food manufacturing industry experience required
- Industry and government (USDA) contacts developed and utilized for resource support
- Significant experience in developing food safety and quality programs and initiatives to meet evolving requirements and customer expectations
- Significant experience and success in developing relationships with customers which has led to growth and ability to resolve issues to mutual satisfaction
- Excellent written/verbal communication/presentation skills
- Experience in managing laboratory and regulatory functions of the facilities is preferred
- Experience with evaluating and managing food safety programs /software and leading efforts to select and implement new programs
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where change and growth are part of the culture
- Ability to influence and drive culture, develop and hold teams accountable, multi-task oriented, and a team player in a highly collaborative culture
- Strong MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to travel at least once per month
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Grow the leadership abilities and technical knowledge of the team
- Unify the team to common objectives
- Remove obstacles within the organization to ensure success
- Set expectations and hold the team accountable
- Coach direct reports to align with company goals
- Conduct performance reviews
- Lead company efforts to develop programs to prevent food safety and quality issues
Strategy, Planning & Vision
- Develop and implement a vision for Food Safety & Quality.
- Set strategy for the FSQA team
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for the FSQA team
- Lead budgeting process for the FSQA team
- Align resources to reinforce food safety and quality culture
- Lead company efforts to maintain regulatory and GFSI compliance
- Advocate for food safety and quality (2-way communication)
- Present large scale food safety & quality issue resolution to leadership team
- Participate in leadership meetings, USDA meetings, and customer meetings
- Communicate and respond to USDA, FDA, and other regulatory agencies
- Represent the company at industry, regulatory, and academic events
- Ensure KPIs are in place and being used to drive the performance of the team
- Review current projects of the team
- Provide feedback on work product and results
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.